Re: Travelall Shocks Update

David Brown '73 1010 Travelall 392/727 wrote:

>A possible solution is to cross drill the lower shock absorber mounting
>bracket to accept a cross bolt for the loop type shock, and find a more
>common LT shock.
>Any other ideas?

I was just at Giddem Up Scout yesterday, and spoke with Rod Philips
and John Glancy (from SSS who just happened by) about front end suspension
parts for my '75 Travelall with IFS (2wheel drive).

Seems that these parts are scarce.  But not totally unavailable.  There
are suppliers that stock rare components, and these parts are available
thru them.  Now, these suppliers don't generally deal with the public,
so you'd have to go thru a retailer (such as Scout Connection, SSS,
or GUS), but you might find that they could get these for you.

However, the other side of the coin, is that it will obviously be more
expensive, and shocks can wear out in a single year, so really expensive
isn't all that attractive.

I'd modify the mount, just my $0.002

Ken Farmer