Thank you Steve & Ann Stegmann

Harvesters:

You know, I've been so busy lately that I sometimes don't remember which
way to turn. I spend a lot of time making lists and a lot of time
loosing those lists. The worst part is when I get so many priorities,
that I forget a few and the opportunity passes me by.

Well, that just happened. I forgot to let you all know how a recent
meeting of Digesters from different sides of the country went.

I live out here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Steve Stegmann and his
wife Ann were out here from St. Louis for some software training Steve
must take, as well as to celebrate their anniversary (29th I believe) in
the most romantic city in the U.S.

My fiancé and I got the chance to have dinner with the Stegmann's on
Tuesday night. I picked a place at random halfway between my home in
Antioch and Steve's motel in Mountain View. Elza and I got there first
and were watching the Giant's game in the bar. Being female, Elza wanted
to know how I was going to know who Steve and Ann were. She didn't think
much of how I arranged this little meet. I told here I had no idea but
Hofstetter had told me Steve had a beard (he lied to confuse me!).

Well, the appointed hour of seven came and went and lots of people had
come and gone from the restaurant and still no Steve. Then, I heard a
man say to a woman, "I have no idea what he looks like!". I realized it
must be Steve and he was getting the same flak from Ann that I was
getting from Elza.

Well, we had a great dinner and we talked for a couple of hours. They
are truly great folks! The time just flew by and as 9:30 approached we
parted ways.

This is the third or fourth time I have gone out and about to meet a
fellow Digester that I didn't know from Adam and had a great time. Like
many of you, I got a lot of flak from family and friends when I tell
them I'm going off to have dinner with, or that someone is stopping by
that, I only know from the internet. My friends and family think I'm
nuts and that I could wind up dead or something. But, as long as they
are members of this IHC Digest community I do not worry. I have met some
of the nicest people I've met in a long time right off this bulletin
board. And, I've had a lot of fun.

I encourage all of you to set up similar meets if the opportunity
presents itself. It's a lot of fun and you have nothing to loose.

Thank you Steve and Ann and happy anniversary.

Tom H.