Good By God I'm Going to Monroe

A few of you will recognize the line from which I stole the subject line.
For the rest of you, there's a God-forsaken ghost town in the part of
California that should be Nevada. This ghost town is named Bodie and in
its day, it was the rowdiest, most isolated, most desolate, most
everything else miserable, town in the West if not in the World.

A little girl leaving her civilized home for Bodie left a written message
in her old home. It read, "Good By God I'm Going to Bodie". She left the
punctuation for the reader.

I'm unsubscribing tonight because we're heading North to Alaska in the
morning. No that's North to Monroe. See many of you there, and talk to
the rest of you again about the 15th.

Many many thanks to you digesters for your e-mail comradeship. We are a
kind of real brotherhood and I enjoy it more than makes any sense.

Hasta la vista, muchachos.

Senor Ol' Saline