5 Speed

>Subject: 5 Speeds
>
>Who had the 5 speed that leaked?  John H.?
>Where was it that it leaked?
>
>Allan Weidenheimer
>72 1210 Pickup

Allan,
Yep, it was me. It was a 5 speed with OD and that big gear generated such
internal pressures that the fluid was driven up through the seals around
the stick and kept the carpet wet and smelling really good. Dealer tried
to fix it 3 or 4 times, but I finally just drove it the way it was. One
nice thing about being on dusty roads was that the dust kind of soaked up
the fluid and cleaning that up, would improve things for a while. We
hated it so bad that we traded it in just short of 300K miles.
John H.