Re: Transmission Mount

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 rhughes@domain.elided wrote:

> Do the bolts thread into the body of the tranny, or do they go through and
> get tightened with nuts?  Are they special bolts, or just regular grade 8?
> Anybody know the size, off hand?  Anything else I should know?  BTW, the
> rubber mount itself seems to be pretty new and solid.

Rob,

Don't sweat it.  The bolts just go through the crossmember, through the
bushing, and into the tranny... no nuts.  Probably a 3/8"... I can't
remember fine or coarse thread.  Pull the one you have left, measure,
re-install (I can't remember the torque.. 35ft-lbs?  I just made it
tight) and buy another bolt... slap that in, and you're set.  No biggie.

-Tom