Re: Tanks for the memory

To add to John's story:

That is also when we found out that the fuel tank switch was
non-functional which the people that sold me the motorhome said nothing
about. They had claimed they inherited it and knew almost nothing about
it and this pretty much prooved they weren't lying.

After I got home and got under it, I found out that the fuel tank switch
worked fine. It's just that someone had disconnected all the intertank
lines and set the motorhome up to run directly off the aux tank. I have
no idea why. I hooked up the main tank and have been running off of it
with not problems.

My best guess is someone was having a problem with vapor lock (sound
familiar) and after going to a lot of work, they just gave up and hooked
the thing up to the aux tank only.

They had put a fuel pump on for the main tank. They had added a large
capacity spin of fuel filter but it hangs within an inch of the exhaust,
which is probably the main cause of thier vapor lock.

Tom H.