Electrical gremlins

Digesters-
	Im all ready to try out my new trany, but cant get my Scout to run.
	My 76 with goldbox  is not making any spark. But, it does have 12 volts at
the coil. I already tried a new coil. I guess my problem is the gold box or the
distribuer/sensor? I tried reading the service manual but that just confused me
more. It talked about using special tools on most of its tests. Should I replace
the gold box and distributer sensor? Can I even buy these parts? Any sugestions
would be greatly appreciated. TIA.	-Grant