Re: MSD box

>Subject: MSD: Where to put??
>
>Greetings. I'm an infrequent participant but think the IH dialog is great. I
>have a question and hope those with the supreme wisdom will chime in.
I don't qualify as one with supreme wisdom but,

>Based on stuff I read here I'm installing the MSD ignition module in my scout
>II today. I'm trying to decide where to locate the box. The top of the heater
>core housing is just begging for it, but I wonder a) In drilling holes in the
>housing might I puncture the heater core and b) Is this a good/bad choice
>because of the hot, but relatively constant temp.

Ross,
I have my MSD unit installed below and to the driver side of the hood
latch in the hollow that is there in the fire wall. I can't remember what
was there before, but it seems like a very good spot for the MSD module.
I had the tank for an Edelbrock water injection system installed there
which I removed, and that's why I can't remember what was there
originally.
Take a look at it, and stay away from the heater core.
John Hofstetter

>Thanks,
>Ross Walsmith 73 Scout II

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"