Re: ihc-digest V5 #243

>Ok a few days ago I posted my question under this subject heading and
>nobody replied, perhaps because it was so long so here is the readers
>digest version.  What would cause the diodes to fry on 2 new alternators?
>The second one was checked before I left the store so I know that one is
>good.
>Thanks
>Aloha
>Charlie McKenna

A direct non-fused short somewhere, Charlie?  Wires going to the
alternator hooked up incorrectly, although that is hard to do if the
original connectors are there. This is a question, Charlie, for the rest
of the guys, If the field was directly grounded, would that not cause the
alternator to put out maximum current continuously?

John Hofstetter