Re: heat, tires

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Dan Nees wrote:

>    I know this is a strange complaint, but; the heat in my 71 is just to
> hot. Is there any way to reduce the heat output? I put the heat lever in
> the in between spot, no help. I put the air lever in the in between
> spot, no help. I never run the fan, I don't have to. I would like to do
> something, when I get done driving the truck I have these nice rosy
> cheeks, it's a little embarrassing.

First, turn the "HEAT" lever *all* the way left, and then turn it just a
*tad* to the right.. There's not a wide range of motion for the
"adjustment" of the heat..

If that doesn't work, it's time to replace your "flow control valve" next
to the heater core.

>    How does every one dismount tires? That is take the tire off the rim.
> Besides going to a tire store.

You can buy a hand tire remover tool.  Let all the air out, smack it to
break the bead, and stick the tool under the edge of the tire, "spin" it
around and you've moved one side off.. pull the tire up, and repeat on
the opposite side of the tire, from the same side of the rim.

Or, take it over to Grandpa's shop, and put it on the old tire-remover
machine he bought way-back-when (for whatever reason), make him grease it
all up (hasn't used in in years), and Pop it right off.. one of the old
"manual" units, not the new "push this pedal and it's all done" things.

Hmm... you're actually closer to his shop than I am now! (Pittsburgh)

-Tom