Re: Michaels starting problems

>I pushed it about half a block, but don't
>know how much longer they are going to buy this.  I must get this thing
>running soon!!!  Please help!
>
>Michael

Michael,
I'm not clear what you have done to the engine. Has it been rebuilt? If
so it may just be tight, if not, you probably have a battery or starter
problem. Are your jumper cables heavy duty? If not, they may not be
getting enough juice to your IH. If you have a manual tranny, I'd try
starting it with a tow. After you get it running again, diagnosis of any
problem will probably be easier. Are you getting gas up to the carb? Did
you try priming it with a little gas? I put a little gas into the cavity
around the wing nut and let it drip down through the bolt hole, to make
sure that I have some gas, but not too much. Someone is going to point
out that a backfire could ignite that little bit of gas, but it doesn't
seem to happen, although you need to be careful. Is the engine timed
correctly? Is it timed on cyl.8 on the compression stroke?
Good luck,
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"