stuck story

   I have a story for you guys. Last night I was sitting down after work
relaxing when these two guys came in the resturant. They were playing
behind the resturant in a mud puddle. The guy had a Br@#co with 33"
tires. The water was coming in the truck under the doors. They tried to
pull the bronco out with a Ch@#y 2x4 with dually wheels. They then got
that stuck. So I offered to pull them out with my Scout. I don't have a
set of hubs on the 71 yet so I ran home and got the 79. I had to drag
the chevy out side ways because of the location and lay out of the spot.
The Scout pulled the chevy out with no problem. When I got to the bronco
I had a serious problem. There was no angle of attack on the bronco. to
pull him out the back would require driving into the puddle. In the
dark, not knowing what's in the puddle I wasn't going to do that, so, I
tryed to pull him out at a side ways angle. Of course he had shut the
engine down so he had no way to help in the recovery. I never did get
the bronco out, I left him there to be recovered in the morning. The
unfortunant think is I think the engine is toast. He couldn't get the
truck restarted in the puddle with the exauhst under water. and when it
would run a little he was throwing water all over the place under the
hood.
   I kinda wished I could have gotten the bronco out for bragging
rights, but, alas, it wasn't ment to be.
   So, I said all that to say this, where are the best mounting points
for tow hooks front, back, and side? I am ashamed to admit I had the tow
strap wrapped around the rear spring shackles. I know, I know, I know.
Sorry, I won't do it again.

                Dan Nees
           cookiedan@domain.elided
The IHCaholic's web page is up and running at:
International, driving has never been so addictive.