Re: Patching (Plugging) Radial Tires

>with a screwdriver type tool.  But I see other type of plugs for sale...
they
>look smooth and round... I can't see how they would stay in.

These sound like the type of patch that is applied over the hole on the
*inside* of the tire.  These are applied with some glue and then vulcanized
to the tire with a hot iron.  Much more permanent than the kind that gets
pushed into the holes in the tire from the outside. I guess they are not
much use on the trail, as you have to unmount the tire before you use
them...

--- John T.