Patching (Plugging) Radial Tires

Reapers,

I'd like to hear the groups recommendations on the best and worst things to
look for in an emergency patch or plug kit for radial off road tires.  I've
used the stringy fiber plugs before... the ones that are inserted into a hole
with a screwdriver type tool.  But I see other type of plugs for sale... they
look smooth and round... I can't see how they would stay in.

Thanks,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)