Re: New Engines?...nope ;(

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 12:54:17 -0800 Jim Grammer <jimg@domain.elided> writes:

>Did I hear that someone said there were new 304,345 & possibly 392's
>available from a Navistar dealer? How much for a new one & what is the
>warranty?
>
>That post mentioned ReNewed engines, which is the IH name for
>rebuilt/refurbished parts that have the factory stamp of approval. The
IH
>gas V8 has been out of production for quite awhile now. There was some
>discussion of the actual date on the list awhile back, but I don't
recall
>the concensus if there was one...
>
>I did recently find out that Springfield Remanufacturing(formerly a
division of IH) is not the gas engine rebuilder for the ReNewed line.
>Unfortunately it appears I deleted the e-mail from Springfield with the
>name of company that now does the gas engines...oh well, I don't think
it's
>terribly important as they're just going to tell you to order from a
Navistar dealer...

Last gas engine in a truck was 12/3/84.  Service engines and parts were
built at Indianpolis for some time after this, but eventually the line
was torn out and converted to 7.3L/T444 production--I think it went to
make room for a new line for the 444.

Springfield Reman does diesels.  The gas engines are done at Franklin
Power Products (Franklin, IN).

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]