Nuclear Powered Travelette

>There's somebody in Texas that has a Hercules or something (semi-tractor)
diesel stuffed into
>a Travellette that he claims will do 140.  I think I would rather walk
than take a ride in that!
>I don't think the T'lette is really configured for high-speed handling
<g>.  To make it worse,
>to fit the motor in he had to lift the truck quite a bit, not the
direction you want to go to
>tweak a vehicle for higher speeds.

We met this old timer at the 1996 Rocky Mtn. rendezvous.  We only *saw* a
picture of the truck, he didn't bring it to the show.  He *did* tow his
mint Scout (with 392) behind his $500k Bluebird luxo motor home, tho.
Super nice guy.  Claims he owns 67 Scouts and other I-H's.  Has anyone
actually seen (or heard) this truck in person?  Oh, yea, claimed (mebbe
thru multiple gearboxes, don't remember) that he has 30 forward speeds.
Also, I think he only said it'd go 135 at the time.

Tom (looking for a Patriot Missile powered Patriot Traveler) Lang

Greetings my friend, we are all interested in the future, for
that is where you and I are going to spend the *rest* of our
lives.  And remember my friend, future events such as these
will effect *you* in the future.

--Criswell Predicts, from Ed Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space"