RE: IH toys

>Anybody seen any IH toys around?  Umm...that is, besides tractors, semi's,
>and the 1/24 stuff Eastwood has for sale.  The only thing I have seen is
>the Micro Machine pak with the Travelall.  Too tiny for me, but, any IH
toy
>is better than no toys at all!
>
>danny

Actually, I got pretty excited when I saw the 'Harvesters' set on the back
panel of the Micro Machines package. There's a blue and white p/u that
looked like it could have been an A or B. I finally found the set(tore up
Toys-R-Us' display pretty good searching ;)) and alas, it's a mere Ferd F.
Oh well...

My pride and joy is a Tru-Scale B p/u, same as the real one I drive every
day. Fate was smiling on me when I found it at the local swap meet being
sold by the original owner(kid then, 40 something now). I didn't have what
he was asking, so I told him I had the same truck in the flesh out in the
parking lot and I'd give him whatever was in my wallet...come to find out
later I practically stole the thing based on collector prices. I've since
scored a Tru-Scale IH stepside p/u bed trailer(very cool, just fits the
Ertl Farmall Cub) and a Tru-Scale tilt-bed trailer(perfect fit for the Ertl
T-5 crawler). My only problem is deciding which one to display hooked to
the p/u, so now I have 1 Cub in the p/u bed with the tilter unloading the
T-5. Kids these days...;)

True Value hardware stores have a pretty neat model truck right now. It's
obviously from the from the same source as the First Gear models, which are
all based on a circa '57 R series cab. It's a wrecker(actually more like an
oil field floater bed w/winch, rolling tailboard and gin poles) done up in
yellow and red 'Reubens Auto Salvage' livery. Very cute, I couldn't resist
even though I already have the First Gear fire truck and another from the
same series. It was also about $10 cheaper than the First Gears....

Jim