Parts, distributor

With all this talk about distributors, can I go to the junk yard and get
any IH prestolight electronic dist out of a 345 or 392 and use it as a
spare for my 345. I have the same kind now. Also why is the mallory
electronic better than the IH?

I have a 2bl stock carb and air cleaner that was running fine. I pulled
it for the 4bl. It is not the 2300 kind (it does not look like a 4bl on
one end). Free to good home but you pay shipping (post office). I am in
ALB, N.M.

You all have helped me a bunch with info, the least I could do is give
you the spare parts.

Thanks, Mike