Caught up after weekend, and new questions

First off, I am finally caught up after the weekend (yes, I know it is
Tuesday!  I had several fire runs to attend to!) Anyway, I have a few
thoughts on some things, as always, and have a question or two.

John Townley- are you sure that the bumper you describe is not factory?
My '65 and '66 both have the type of bumper you describe, and the '64 I
am sure doesn't have a factory bumper, as it is a piece of 3-4" tube
welded to the frame.:)  Not that it matters much.  I don't think you
will have any problems towing it, as long as you don't try to take off
_really_ fast with the F**d, and try to keep the "arms" of the tow hitch
(sorry, can't think of what it is called!) close to the frame, so you
don't do any serious bending damage to the bumper.  If you want, I can
try to take the bumper off of the '65 for you to use.  It is already
bent in, so you are more than welcome to try to bend it back.:)

Secondly- who ever was trying to identify the 80/800's, the easiest way
to determine which one they are is to look for the fold down windshield,
the door handles that rotate down to open the door, and the tailgate is
different between the two.  The rear endcaps where the taillights are
are different between the two.  The 80 is more square.  The 80 tailgates
don't have a handle latch, that I know of, the 800's do.  Also, the dash
is different, the 80's you have to pull the whole dash front from the
drivers side to the passenger side (PITA, had to go to Sears to get a
screwdriver replaced, and still not out), and the 800's have a cluster
of sorts that is on a panel that comes out.

Now for my question.
All this talk about putting different seats in the Scouts, and making
sure they are folding seats has me wondering.  The '64 80 I just bought
has fold-down seats on both sides.  They appear to be original.  They
are in decent condition, considering their age.  Was this standard or an
option?  They should be able to go right into my '66 80, right??  How
much am I looking at to get them reupolstered?

I think that is enough for a while, I know I thought of more over the
weekend, but now I can't remember.

Oh, yeah, I forgot.  I would like to inform everyone that 1 year and 3
days ago I bought my first IH!  I am over a year old in IH years now!
'Course you could figure in my other 2 IH's as part of my age, but I
have passed a milestone.  I am proud to say (not really) that I have put
a whole 2 miles on my Scout since I bought it, and I had it stuck 2
hours after I picked it up!  Snow tires in mud don't gain you much, I
found that out the hard way.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine", running, w/a travel top
1965 Scout 80 (I think)- sitting on a pallet
1964 Scout 80 - rolling, w/a travel top
Have a short top that needs some work that will go on the '66 someday!