Subject: Re: Fuel tank opinions...
Author:  jlandry@domain.elided at CCGATE
Date:    3/3/98 11:43 AM

The black helicopters hovering over the house recorded
jmbrodsky@domain.elided whispering:

>The other question is about the sending unit that is side
>mounted in the tank.  It is a Chrysler (judging by the nifty
>dodge style pentagon on it) and the numbers are:  04091   and
>356944-C1.  JohnL what are the scale resistances for the sender,
>I was gonna make a resistor/pot network to correct for errors.
>Howard are any still available and from where?

The stock sender should have about 7 to 13 Ohms when the tank is full and
70+ Ohms when the tank is empty.  This is the early Ford / Chrysler
standard.

Steve Stegmann just measured one he had out and it was 10 Ohms full / 80+
empty.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)