Re: ihc-digest V5 #230

>Also on connectors.  Can/should you use dielectric grease on all
>electrical connections?  How about down at the starter, once you get the
>connections cleaned up?  I guess the heat at the starter may be a bit
>much.  What about other places to make sure the connection doesn't
>corrode?
>
>Thanks,    that's all for now,   well,   at least till lunch <bg>
>
>Epp
Epp,
Holley sends a Permatex Silicone Lubricant along with their fuel
injection kits and tells you to use it on every connection. I thought it
was strange to send something that wasn't specifically lableled for
wiring, but it seems to do a really good job. It would work well on the
starter connections because of being a silicone base rather than
petroleum based, and I assume resistant to hear. I bought a bigger
container and now use it on plug wires, plug boots, and anything else I
run across.
That's not only all I know, it's more than I know.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"