Thermostat conclusions -Joel Brodsky

OK all, here's the goodie.  It appears after finishing the t-stat
install last night, that the culprit is the fan-clutch.  That is
the only thing that has changed since I can remember good heat in
my truck.  The Kat's heater is still flow-through so that's not
it.  The coolant flows through the cut-off valve fine, and the
heater core is clear.  No collapsed hoses.  I ended up buying
about 10 of the $0.89 gaskets for the water outlets, they are
becoming harder to find, had to go to about 5 auto stores and
only AutoZone had them but sometimes only 1 or two per store.
Anyone with an IH knows you need two for the base housing and the
outlet.  I boiled the t-stat first to make sure, threw it in and
bingo all set.  So basically I had to install a t-stat to
counteract the addition of a rigid mounted fan.  Hmmm, I wonder
if the scout will really pump the heat if I get a clutch fan
again?

     Thanks to everyone who responded now on to the Fuel tank in
the T'all, I'll post that one separately.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.