Hotwired starters

YES! Durangoman,

     There IS a way to hotwire the starter to inside the cab.  I
bought a few high current momentary pull switches from surplus.
These are made by PHILCO makers of high current devices from TV's
to motor controls.  Two wires that control the starter solenoid,
usually go through a relay under the dash which is quite prone to
failure.  I removed the 3 wirre connector and jumpered the 2
business lines.  I'll look at the connector this aft. for the
wire #'s.  Anyway, the two wires from the control of the starter
solenoid (I used 12/2 houshold solid wiring ~30 amp cap.) and ran
them to the pull switch under the dash by the E-brake lever.
It's hot all the time, but it's a pull to activate so it's not
going to inadvertently run.  The other good thing, is that you
can crank the engine over with the ign off to build up some oil
pressure before you cold start on those wintery mornings.

     You finally got the IH bug, it travels through the digest to
all who read.  Lurkers BEWARE!

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not
          forgotten.