Re: Toms high speeds

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Tom Mandera wrote:

> Particularly near Plentywood, there's NOTHING to hit.. wide n' open,
> see for miles, etc.

I never figured out where they got the name.  The nearest spot I knew of
where two trees were within stone's throwing distance of each other was
15 miles outside of town. :)

When I lived there, one of the better-known county sheriff's deputies
insisted on keeping his 10-year-old cruiser with the 440 Interceptor
engine, because the newer cruisers couldn't catch some of his clientele.
:)  (no, it wasn't _because_ I lived there. :) )

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783