Re: steering columns

> Hey gang,
>    I have been thinking.
 That's dangerous!

>  My Acc. position on my key switch has not
> worked since I bought the truck. Is this common? Has any one tried to
> fix this? How? I need to tear down the column any way to fix the horn
> and the turn signal shut off. Any suggestions would be nice.
>
>                 Dan Nees
>            cookiedan@domain.elided
> The IHCaholic's web page is up and running at:
> http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html

 If you're going to take the steering column off anyway, it'll be easy to
replace the ignition switch at the same time - it's not too expensive (I
think I paid about $12). It's on top of the steering column (between the
steering column and the dash). The biggest problem I had was that I was
trying to replace the switch without completely removing the column, so
I had to get one of those really short phillips screwdrivers to remove
the screws that hold the switch to the column.

 Later,                curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
   Curt                Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
                           /\
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150