Radiator hose for 1980 Scout

Kim Sol wrote:

>I have an upper radiator hose for my 1980 Scout that says "CarQuest
>Part No. 20912".  Our Firestone dealer installed it last summer so he must
have
>called around and found this at Car Quest, which was probably 14th on his
list of
>calls.

Kim,
  I called CarQuest and they didn't list part #20912 for a 1980 Scout. The
computer came up with part #20849, which is the same number Luke Nelson was
given. 20849 cross-references to Napa part #7589. I looked at a #7589 hose
at Napa and it's definitely not the hose for the short neck thermostat
housing.
  I'm thinking that CarQuest part #20912 is not the correct hose, but close
enough to work. The Goodyear hose I bought at Giddum' Up Scout fits
perfectly. How is the fit with your CarQuest hose?

Darrel Kline
1980 Scout II, 304, T19 close, Dana 300.
 Gets a new cap and rotor and another tune-up tomorrow.