Radiator Hose for 1980 Scout

Harvesters,

In reference to my quest for a Radiator hose Luke Nelson wrote:

>Here is what my searching turned up...

>Big A $18.00  Part Number: 20929  (have to order)
>Checker $7.79  Part Number:  E70697 (have to order
>NAPA $15.99  Part Number: 7589  (they had it)
>CarQuest #14.64  Part Number:  20849 (they had it)

Luke,
  Thanks for going through all this trouble for a fellow Harvester.
Unfortunately, those part numbers are all for the long neck thermostat
housing used in the earlier years. Not for the short neck housing like I
have.

  On a tip from Bill Thebert I checked with Giddum' Up Scout (GUS) and they
did indeed have the hose. The hose is made by Goodyear, part #508859 (upper
hose), and goes for $16 at GUS (719/632-8294).

  Rod Phillips of GUS told me that as far as he knew Goodyear is the only
manufacturer that has ever made this hose. He also said that he has enough
supply for another 2 years. He expects the hose to be discontinued by
Goodyear around the same time.

  I went over to Western Auto and looked at their Gates cross-reference
manual. The Goodyear hose 508859 wasn't even listed which seems to prove
that Goodyear is the only manufacturer.

  Once again the IH-digest or the Binder Bulletin web site has came to the
rescue. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
1980 Scout, 304, T19 close, Dana 300.
Back on the Road