Re: Bad Weather

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:09:32 -0600 Jeffrey.Deaver@domain.elided
writes:
>Rob & All,
>

>You would think that I would see more old IH's up here in MN,
>especially
>Scouts, just because of the frequent bad weather (this winter not
>included). But I've only run into a very few.  Maybe there just
>were not many IH dealers up in these Northern/Midwest areas?  (Seems
>funny though - I thought the assembly line was in Chigaco?!!)

I think sales of the early Scouts especially were good in MN because of
the winters, but I suspect they've all rusted away and been traded for
F-150's and Explorers, etc.

No, the assembly line was never in Chicago.  All Scouts were built in
Fort Wayne, with the exception of some prior to 1966 that were assembled
in Chatham for sale in Canada only.  The general Headquarters of IH was
in Chicago along with a number of plants, which is possibly why you heard
the assembly line was there, but there never was a truck factory there.
Tractors and machinery, construction equipment, and engines--yes, but
trucks--no (well, I think the very first Autobuggies were built there).

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]