Garage World

     I've been enjoying the descriptions of the various garages,
     and my sympathy goes out to those who apparently have garages
     reminiscent of a POW camp, or none at all.  (I may have to
     try the pig manure in the pocket trick)  So I feel somewhat
     compelled to tell of my garage.

     My garage is equivalent to a 2 1/2 car in space with the 1/2
     being filled with a long workbench with a large vise at one
     end and a drafting table lamp at the other.  I have a 20 gal.
     parts washer, a large roll around tool chest (that's so full
     that rolling it around is more work than its worth), a 5hp air
     compressor on an 80 gal. vertical tank.  A bench drill press,
     a floor drill press, several floor jacks, a transmission jack,
     a cherry picker engine hoist, a couple of engine stands with
     engines on them, an engine stand with an automatic transmission
     on it, peg board covering most of the walls with tools and parts
     hung everywhere, quite a few of the plastic storage boxes with
     the interlocking lids filled with parts, half a dozen 4' neon
     lights hanging from the ceiling, a retractable drop light hung
     in the middle of the garage, an upright kerosene heater, an
     Italian made mig welder on a cart (that's a piece of crap), and
     2 motorcycles that don't get ridden near enough.  In the very
     front of my garage is what my wife calls "Laundry World" with
     a line painted around the area.  My garage stuff isn't supposed
     to cross the painted line.  I've been flagged for encroachment
     at least a dozen times.

     Outside I have a four car wide stretch of concrete that also runs
     up the length of the lot by the house.  There are trees every
     15 ft that provide much needed shade in July/August when temps
     average in the upper 90's/lower 100's.  I have figured that I
     can have 10 full size vehicles outside without any of them being
     seen from the street out front.  In fact I've HAD that many at
     one time.  I'm down to three now (soon to be four when the 67
     1200B 'ette comes south next month)

     I still catch grief over the number, but I've sold 4 vehicles in
     the past two months, and 6 motorcycles in an effort to ease my
     maintenance schedule and to allow me to better focus on the few
     vehicles I have left.  A carport down the side of the house is
     next on the agenda (that, and the untimely death of the two
     neighbor cats, thier pee is caustic!!!!)

     Sorry to waste the bandwith, but what the hell!

     Jeff
     67 1200B Travelette 4x4
     76 Corvette (my hotrod)
     81 CJ7 (so what, I own a Jeep)
     89 Cherokee LTD 4x4(ok, so I own 2 Jeeps)
     95 Grand Cherokee LTD 4x4(the wifes, so it don't count)
     90 Honda Transalp (I can't sell all of them)
     97 Honda XR600R (my mountain goat)