RE: Emergency Light Query

Hey Mark,

You are not dreaming.  I actually have one.  We use to make and sell
them in Junior Acheivers when I was in High School.  That was about 15
years ago.  I still have one of the ones I made.  You use the rubber
part of a bathroom plunger, cut the handle down to about 6 " , add a
cigerette lighter cord or use alligator clips cord, and run that along
the handle, then you add your favorite type of bicycle handlebar grip to
the handle.   I wonder how well this would work with one of those new
halogen bulbs?   I might have to give that a try.   The rubber head for
the plunger keeps the bulb from breaking.  I've had this thing in my
trunk for that 15 years and haven't had to change the bulb yet.  Now you
have a hand held headlight.

Epp