Drag Link

Well, NAPA has a few new grease/dust boots in stock for my drag link to
replace the boot I chewed up driving my Scout with the shackle inverted..
(CAUTION: don't do that!)

Just wondering if I want to clean it up at all while I have it open.. the
old grease boot was gouged around the "middle".. I've added grease a few
times in the last week just to be "safe", but it snowed last night, and
there's LOTS of wonderful crud all over everything..

Should I clean it out with some type of cleaning stuff, or do I just wipe it
clean with a rag before putting the new boot in place and greasing it up?

I plan on installing the new cap tomorrow night.. maybe add a second m/c cap
gasket in an effort to stem the tide of brake fluid seeping over
everything.. yuck.

Thanks,

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout