Blow this up

     Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:39:16 -0600
     From: "Luebke, David (MN51)" <DLuebke@domain.elided>
     Subject: blow your self up

     >>I would like to go with a gasless setup (flux wire?) as the gas
     >>bottles freak my wife out. ("You're gonna blow up the house!!!")

     >It's  pretty hard to blow your self up with inert gas (argon/co2
     >mix)..Probably easier to get shocked.

     I realize this, but the SO doesn't have a clue, and her eyes glaze
     over when you try to explain this.

     >You didn't say if it was a lincoln or the chicago electric.?

     This was before they had the "Chicago Electric" brand.  I bought
this
     a loooooooong time ago.  It is a "Duo Mig", for what it's worth.

     I've been looking at the Lincolns, Hobarts, Century's and I'm just
     looking for some feedback on what experience and recommendations
     other my have to offer.  A TIG would be great, but I don't weld
enough
     to justify the cost.  Also, is it worth having an arc welder as
well
     as a mig?  The lincoln arc welder at sam's is pretty decently
priced.
     But I would get more use out of a mig that would weld heavier
stock.

     Jeff