ShopLightPreferenceRequest

JoelB and everyone else too!Which shop lights do you prefer ... incandescent or flourescent ... for ceiling hanging and for in-around-under vehicle?Mark
________________
Mark, I would use flourescent in the ceiling.  I got a good deal on some 6 ft doubles
--so that's what I used.  I installed an electrical box for each light, screwed the fixtures
into the ceiling, then wired them up.  I've been told that the cheap 4 ft shop lights
should not be installed directly against the ceiling, cause the cheap ballast needs air
circulating to keep it cool.  Even better would be the 8 ft industrial fixtures.
Check to see if there is a demolition company or salvage yard in your area.  I've seen
stacks of fixtures at salvage yards.
For in, around, and under, I like a good incandescent trouble light with a rough duty
bulb.  But be sure to use the rough duty bulbs.  Regular bulbs burn out the first time
ya drop em.
Dale
75 Scout II, restored, 345, 727