idle problem

Thanks for all the help on the carburetor.  However, I do not think that
the original reason I rebuilt the carburetor has been fixed.  Well, it was
leaking gas from the float bowl, so that is fixed, but once it warms up,
it does not idle in gear.

After the engine is completely warmed up and the choke is fully opened, it
idles smoothly in park or neutral.  It is set correctly, per the manual,
but as soon as I put it in gear it chugs and does not idle.  I have to
constantly pump the gas pedal at every stop on my way to work.  What could
cause this?  I really want to get back to driving my Scout everyday, but
this problem is really frustrating.

Thanks for everything, as always.

Bill Wisser

(by the way, it is a '75 Scout II 345/auto, 2bbl, auto choke)