Re: distributor ID

The black helicopters hovering over the house recorded Mark Prescott
<cn1135@domain.elided> whispering:

>I have a 345 that was swapped into a 1980 scout with a 196. It doesn't
>have a gold box, but it is much taller that my 304 with points. It has
>the outee pointed conductors. It doesn't appear to have dual points. I
>think the engine came from an early 70's IH bus or truck. What do I
>have? Will it hook up to the msd box?

If it's a pre-78 distributor (which it sounds as though it is), then from
your description it sounds like a simple breaker-point Prestolite (verses a
Holley) distributor.  It's a good distributor in and of itself... the only
down side is that the cost of a cap and rotor are on the expensive side
when compared to the Holley.

Yes it will trigger the MSD ignition system the same as any other
breaker-point distributor.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)