Re: heater

>Yes I have a heater in the garage.  I've done my time laying in the
>semi-frozen mud under a sick tractor.  New starter at -10 deg.  That's

These old-timers are such babies.. a heater.. sheesh.

I have an old 50gal drum on it's side, one end has a hinged door on it, the
other goes to a short chimney that exists out the side of the garage.

Naturally, the previous owners put this wonderful little fireplace in the
corner of the garage that has a small "shop" built around it.. but if you
leave the door open, you can keep the garage at a nice comfy 30 or so
degrees when it's -20 outside.

Oh, and to avoid that -20 degree cold slab of concrete on my back... we
installed carpeting in the garage!

(actually, someone we knew got new carpeting, and gave us the old stuff..
couldn't figure out what else to do with it.  We also have scraps that go
under the truck when I change the oil, etc.)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT