Title Stuff

My '73 title request is on the up and up.  I live in the midwest
and there are, as yet, no state safety or emission tests here.  I do
not believe my vehicle has ever had an emission sticker in the engine
compartment, as suggested.  I guess I never thought about this, but
if one builds a vehicle from parts, must you keep the title of a
particular component?  Into the glass darkly...

I note British Heritage sells new MGB bodies and thus I infer
the body to not be the critical titled part ... soooo, the engine
must be the identifying part.  Surely one never swaps engines
without a requisite title change ... and my state, which I believe
to be one of the easier ones, will pingpong you from one bureau
to another until breakdown.

When does a part become large enough to not be a part?
All comment invited.  Mark