Shocks & Gold Box

Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> wrote:

>The bouncy ride on the '77 has pretty much cinched my decision to run
>double shocks on the '72.. should keep those bounces to a minimum..

Won't that make it a very stiff ride?

>love to run 8 RS9000s with the in-cab adjustments (ORD members have been
>doing some experiments on what air pressures are needed for what
>adjustment.. so they can "back-door" the Rancho in-cab gizmo).. but
>blowing $500 on new shocks is not high on my list of "To-Do"..

I've heard that the Edlebrock self-adjusting shocks make for a great
ride.  One of the shiney 4x4 mags had a big article on them for their
Jeep TJ Project vehicle.  I think that they are cheaper.

Also, Gold box wise...it is my understanding is that if your engine is
off and you leave your key in the ignition turned clockwise so that
your accessories get power your distributor will as well - and that
this can over heat it. Further, that the MSD add-ons are susceptible
to the exact same problem. Lastly, that if you want to run accessories
with the engine off just turn the key counter-clockwise and then the
accessories will get power, but the distributor will not.   Do I have
this right?

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II - new tuffy box just arrived
1974 Travelall