powder coating

February 19, 1998

O.K. kids, let me in on this.

Some of you are speaking of powder coating in your own shops at home.
Since when? Where do I learn more? I have always understood this process
to be available only from local jobbers. And, they want more to coat
some objects, than the object cost in the first place.

To wit. I have a set of metal mesh patio chairs that are powder coated.
I have a matching table that is older and painted black. I asked how
much from a local guy. He wants $250 to powder coat the table. I could
buy a brand new table already poweder coated for about $75 during the
"seasonal" summer sales at local discount stores.

Tom Harais
'76 Terra 345/727/20