Dana 300 2wd low range

Well I just got my Dana 300 and wide box in my 77 Terra.  This more than
doubled my low crawl ratio.  While I had the Dana 300 out I modified it so
that I could have a 2wd low range position which I consider a necessity
since I am locked at both ends.  I think that it will allow much better
turning since I can easily disengage the 4wd in low range.  The modification
involved making a new shifter plate (goes between the two shift rails) and
welding up a slot in one shift rail and re-cutting the slot.  The shift rail
modification will require the use of a lathe or some really skilled hands.
My only complaint is that mine seems to want to bind up somewhat shifting
from low to high range which would involve the use of the modified shift
rail.  I think that I did not take sufficient time polishing the rail where
it was welded up and re-cut.  It would have been much better with a O.D.
grinder.  But 2wd low range is cool!!!!!  Handy too.  ;)