Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:14:18 GMT
From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
Subject: Re: carb tuning
<snip>

>On a related question...My dashpot has the vacuum hoses connected, but the
>wires are cut.  Is it worth replacing them, and could there be a vacuum
>leak if the hoses are connected but not the wires?

The "throttle position transducer" should leak vacuum cut wires or not.
You can attach a piece of vacuum hose to the transducer and suck on it to
see if the transducer is vacuum tight.  The transducer is supposed to hold
the throttle slightly open above a certain engine rpm to reduce exhaust
emissions.  You may with to reconnect it and verify it's working... it's up
to you.
<snip>
Good luck,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)

------------------------------

Ken,

     Glad to hear you got that mud out of there.  Mud just waits to make rust.
Anyway, about the mounts, they were a slight less that 1/8" (.125).  I made the
error that the steel I used was .010.  It should have read .100, or a tenth of
an inch.  Sorry for the confusion.  Looking at that now, 1/100" steel is like 3
sheets of paper in thickness.  Katana what is that?  Anyway, if it were 10GA.  I
hope I would have written 10GA.  Except that on my track record in this post,
I'd prolly type 1GA, which would be incorrect.

     My T'all's driver side air duct through the fender to the kick panel had
about a 5-gal bucket's worth of olive leaves in it, and it had rusted the duct
clear through to the wheel well.  If I hit a really good puddle, water comes in
the kick panel vent and I get my feet wet.  Need to rivet some plate in there.

Glad it helped,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.