Towing

>The Traveler has a 118 inch wheel base and I
>don't remember what the Travelall has, but it's a lot more. My Travelall

Oddly enough, "a lot more" turns out to only be 1".  All '61 on
Travelall's have 119"  wheelbases, unless you have one
or  those monster  8 or 10 door limo editions or an ambulance.

Which is weird, considering how important wheelbase is considered
in relation to towing.  I've heard a jillion times from former Travelall
owners who had to buy Suburbans (when IH discontinued the T'all)
that the T'all out-towed the hell out of the Suburban.  But the Suburban
had a full 131" WB (at least the late '70s on, Joel could clarify this).
These weren't IH people at all, either.

So I don't know what (track width, low cg??) gives the Travelall
it's legendary towing ability.

IMHO, the IFS 1010 1/2 ton  tows even better that the 3/4 ton 1210,
providing that it has good ball joints and bushings.  However,
you might need 4wd to get the boat up a slippery dock.

'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'71 1010 Travelall  392 auto
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto