carb rebuild kit

O.K.! I just got back from NAPA. I think we finally got the right kit
ordered for my 71 2300 holley. I found the previous owner had saved
every recipe he ever had for this Scout. We were able to cross reference
the numbers from a recipe he gave me with the Scout. I have to wait
until tomorrow to get it though.
Here's another story about why I'll never go back to PEP BOYS. I went
around there yesterday for a wheel cylynder kit for my 71. I had called
before hand so when I went to the counter I just said, 'I called about a
wheel cylinder for a Scout', to the guy. He snipped back at me rather
gruffly, 'You mean a kit'. 'Yes', I said. So he brings it out to me and
just about threw it at me. So I go up to the front counter with the kit
and a can of brake parts cleaner (does that stuff really work?). The
lady (and I use the term very loosly) rings it up. It came out to be
$11.00 even. So I commented on how convinient that is and hand over $11
cash. I started to leave then I stopped and said, 'Oh, maybe I'll take
the recipe to just in case'. She snipped back at me, 'As soon as it
finishes printing out I'll give it to you'. I almost told her what she
could do with that recipe but I bite my tongue. Even when the NAPA guys
are in a bad mood (they are all Dallas fans, bad year for them) they are
nicer. Plus they don't ask, "Who makes that?"

                       Dan Nees
              cookiedan@domain.elided
The only thing more addictive than International Harvester Vehicles is
Cocaine, but; only one is a legal substance.