Power Steering Box

IH All,
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a problem I encountered while trying to
adjust the play out of my steering. After loosening the lock nut and
turning in the adjusting rod, I was unable to get fluid to stop leaking
from around the lock nut/adjusting rod. I found that either the threads on
the rod or the threads in the top of the unit are stripped. To get the lock
nut tight enough to stop the leak, I had to put a washer under the lock
nut.
This weekend, I atttempted to adjust the play out again, and found that I
can turn the adjusting rod in to tighten up the steering. But when I
tighten up the lock nut, the adjusting rod pulls out due to the stripped
threads. So, now there is more play in the steering than before. I'm doing
everything as per the manual; holding the adjusting rod in place as I
tighten the lock nut, etc.
Does anyone have an extra power steering unit laying around that they are
will to get rid of? I really hate to pull the unit off my 73 because I
still use it on occasion. I'm not sure if I need the adjusting rod assembly
or just the top.
Has anyone rebuilt one of these units?
Thanks in advance,
Yank