Re: ihc-digest V5 #191

John,
  The 1 3/8" is the size that fit in my '68 152, also.  I remember
having to run some sandpaper inside the hole to make sure I got all
the rusty crud out, then, they fit fine.  You might want to also
check to see if a neoprene plug will fit in if the metal plugs still
won't work right.  The only problem with them is that you've got to
make sure to keep the tension nut tight or they might leak a tad
after a while.
HTH,
Myron