starters

   I pulled the starter out of my 71 (4speed manual) and compoared it to
my spare starter from my automatics. The only difference I can see is
that the auto starter has a spacer between it and the engine but the
manual starter doesn't. Didn't someone say that there was a difference
between a auto and stick starter? I am going to just put the auto
starter in without the spacer and see what happens.

        Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
Hi my name is Dan, and I'm an IHCaholic. I have a '79 Scout rust heap
running, a '78 parts Scout on blocks, and a '71 Scout dentmobile
running.