Winches,trannies, etc.

My 69 travelall has the T-418 4 speed.  It is a really wide ratio box!  The
first gear is anywhere between 6 and 7:1...It also appears to be
non-synchronized, as it is difficult to downshift from second to first.
First is almost unnecessary for normal driving on pavement without anything
in the back...the synchros seem to work for second, third and fourth...

Does anyone know if this 4 speed is the Borg-Warner or the New process?  I
am confused a bit after someone posted about different makes being used
back then....If anyone has more info on this transmission (like, you got it
in YOURS) please email me privately so as to not clutter up the digest with
needless repetition of facts everyone else seems to know already...

Recently, my 79 Scout II has been misfiring while accelerating from a stop.
 it usually seems to happen at low rpms.  I have refreshed all the
electrical connections (it's a points setup) and this changed nothing.
Could it be just bad fuel?? Or am I in for a Carb job??...the truck runs
perfectly otherwise....

Does anyone have the factory optional pto winch setup on their Scout II's?
What were the components for this, and is it possible to buy a setup from
someone/somewhere??  Seems all the places that carry winches don't know
anything about pto style setups..just electrical ones.  I would rather have
the Pto winch on the front AND, when i get more cash, to get a small
portable electric for those times where the engine is swamped...I would
think that the pto setup would be stronger and more reliable overall than
an electrical one, and have the added advantage of being far less taxing on
the existing electrical system (don't need dual batteries, etc)

I also thought about the possiblity, in the case where I couldn't find a
mechanical linkage winch for the Scout, I could buy one of those milemarker
winches and mount a standard pto/hydraulic system on the transmission port
and run it that way...I have read about the milemarker being VERY hard on
the steering pump, and operating it through a pto setup should eliminate
the problems associated with that....RIGHT???