Ken's questions...

Ken,

     I'll do the best I can.  here goes:

1.  You don't lock the back hatch, which is really just a velcro or snapped shut
sheet.  The guy I traded the manifold to gave me his steel top because he put on
a Kayline.  Looks good, but not good for security.

2:  Treating the insides of the doors.  I cleaned out the rust and patched the
holes.  Then take a piece of large cell pipe insulation made for 1/2" or 3/4"
pipe (about 2" O.D.), and silicone it to the bottom of the door, but only with
small 'dots' of silicone.  This will keep the drain holes in the bottom of the
door from getting road spray in there,rusting the window regs, and keep your
speakers (if you have 6x9s in the door) from getting wet.  The dots will still
let the doors drain, like when it rains, or you swamp it, read: wash it.

3.  If you get the Kayline, you don't want anything on the top of the bed rails,
as the Kayline mounts there.  The 'snap-fast?' or whatever it's called has a
long strip that mounts over the bed rail, so get the top, THEN figure out what
you want to do with the bed rails.  There are two different Kayline tops, the
regular and the 'snap-fast' or whatever.  The fast one has a sliding rail on the
edge of the cloth that hooks in a groove instead of the snaps.

4.  I reconstructed my own mounts, and the steel I used is way thick, they'll be
there even if the body isn't.  I wasn't worried about the rust proofing.

5. Dunno about the underside, the tar/oil leak POUR system seems to be working
ok for me, 8 years running.

6.  Try to weld the lips back together as they are prone to further damage if
not held together.  The flares cover it up well, but, make sure to wash out the
problem areas.  Salt and rust collect in the worst places.  Drill drains and put
plugs under the panels between the door and the wheel wells.

7. Rhino-Lining is a permanent modification and can NEVER be removed.  In fact,
when I had the inside of my Chevy Suburban Carryall done, I had to sign a
waiver, that I wouldn't wig that is was permanent.  Also since it is resistant
to almost everything known to man (poly-urethane) it is hard to remove with a
solvent.  They still don't talk about removing it over there at Rhino.

Hope this helps,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.