Re: Travelall, Traveller, Travelette....and Wagonmaster!

Tim,

For a picture of a 149" wheel base Travelette with the 6-1/2 foot bed, see my
web page at http://members.aol.com/ihmagellan/index.html

Jerry Muncie

<< The 'based on a Travelall' makes me think you were looking at a
 Wagonmaster. Travelette was simply IH's name for the crew cab in the light
 line(although the Travelette name first appeared on a built-for-show
 modified Metro camper with 5th wheel hitch(!)). In the medium and heavier
 trucks it was called Travelcrew. Travelettes are usually seen as pickups,
 and use l-o-n-g wheelbases in the 130" range. They were made from '57 'til
 the end of production. The Wagonmaster is a whole 'nother beast that was
 made for a couple years in the mid-70's. Basically, it was a Travelall on
 the 119" wheelbase with the roof behind the passenger seat sectioned off
 and a pickup window in a new back panel installed behind the seat to create
 a shorty pickup style bed in the cargo area. It was marketed as a 5th wheel
 tow vehicle, and did not sell many units. >>