RE: Travelall, Traveller, Travelette....and Wagonmaster!

>Hi IH'ers,
>I like the choice for the sticker .....but isn't the the "i" on the wrong
side
>(behind) of the "H"??
> Someone  made a comment about Travelers and Travelalls,....I believe I
was
>asking about a Travellette.  Did the Travellette based on the Travellall
have
>a name ??  I've only seen one. It looked great!! I saw it in the North
>Carolina mountains about 4 or 5 years ago, it was yellow with a wood grain
>applique.

The 'based on a Travelall' makes me think you were looking at a
Wagonmaster. Travelette was simply IH's name for the crew cab in the light
line(although the Travelette name first appeared on a built-for-show
modified Metro camper with 5th wheel hitch(!)). In the medium and heavier
trucks it was called Travelcrew. Travelettes are usually seen as pickups,
and use l-o-n-g wheelbases in the 130" range. They were made from '57 'til
the end of production. The Wagonmaster is a whole 'nother beast that was
made for a couple years in the mid-70's. Basically, it was a Travelall on
the 119" wheelbase with the roof behind the passenger seat sectioned off
and a pickup window in a new back panel installed behind the seat to create
a shorty pickup style bed in the cargo area. It was marketed as a 5th wheel
tow vehicle, and did not sell many units.

Jim